I’ve had times when I couldn’t walk to the letter box, and I travelled all over in my mind, through other wanderer’s words and photos never expecting that to change.
I’ve ticked Japan off my imaginary list – was the first place, and for the longest time only, that I really really had to go…
Over time I’ve found a couple of places, that I didn’t even know I wanted to be, are magic and now deep in my psyche. Fields of longing…to be there again. To stay when I arrive.
So, I can’t list the top 5 places that I’ve always wanted to visit – the list changes as I age, and as I discover the world’s corners slowly, and unexpectedly.
Here’s my current thoughts :
- Ireland – in July and August I will stand where my ancestors stood. There’ll be lots of photos, and no doubt tears 😉
- I’d like to revisit Japan, Italy and USA – yes dear reader I KNOW that’s three 🙂 but I made up my own rules and added a subcategory.
- Greece – ancient buildings to stand in awe of.
- Lots of this country that I haven’t seen – for example Ayers Rock/Uluru.
- Tibet, Nepal, India – another cluster, and I just think it’s all too late in this life for me to get there…
Everywhere is a long way from Australia! Unless a few things in life change I believe it’ll be Ireland, America and that’s it for this list other than local jaunts. Things do change though, don’t they 😉